Tuesday 11 December 2012

Christmas shopping, one for me, one for you

Only 14 days till Christmas! Although I might not have sorted out an Advent calendar yet (and my idea of a scratch card a day was so promising too..), I have finished all my shopping. At least I think I have. I officially finished last week but then  a beautiful children's shop in Greenwich market encouraged me to buy a few more bits and bobs for the new babies in the family.

For example, these amazing finger puppets from United Ideas.

I bought a jungle animal set and "Three little pigs and the big bad wolf", which was quite possibly the best present I have ever bought. I nearly bought one for myself. 

I also managed to squeeze in a little present buying for myself, coming home with this beautiful print of the Old Royal Naval College, which also happens to be one of my favourite buildings in Greenwich.


The print was from The Flood Gallery, a fantastic boutique gallery in the heart of Greenwich.  As well as being exceptionally well priced (the above print was £20 which included a frame), they have a fantastically varied range of prints and other bits and bobs. I was tempted to buy a notebook with a dodo screen printed on the front and a mug with a fox on it. Definitely a great shop for gifts, the website doesn't do it justice.

All of this shopping was topped off by some excellent chorizo and chips from the market, and a glass of mulled wine. The perfect winter's day of shopping.

More information about Greenwich Market and the surrounding shops can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment